Who Accepts Bitcoin in 2022?
Who Accepts Bitcoin in 2022?
It’s no secret that Bitcoin has been on a bit of a roller coaster over the past few years. But despite the ups and downs, one thing remains clear – Bitcoin is here to stay. However, before you get yourself some bitcoin, you may wonder who accepts bitcoin as payment? Since bitcoin is relatively new and many businesses are wary of its price fluctuations, the number of businesses that accept bitcoin is still quite small. However, this number is growing every day as more and more businesses see the benefits of accepting bitcoin as payment.
In the near future, we predict that the number of businesses that accept bitcoin will have grown significantly. This is due to several factors, including the increasing stability of Bitcoin’s price, the growing acceptance of cryptocurrency around the world, and the increasing number of people who hold Bitcoin.
The benefits of Bitcoin are numerous. Here are some of the most notable ones:
- Bitcoin is global: Bitcoin is accepted in over 200 countries.
- Bitcoin is secure: Transactions are verified and recorded in a public dispersed ledger called a blockchain. This makes Bitcoin transactions secure and trustworthy.
- Bitcoin is anonymous: Bitcoin transactions are public, but the sender and receiver of a transaction remain anonymous.
Who Accepts Bitcoin?
A lot has changed in 12 years: not only does cryptocurrency now have an even greater role within our society than before but its usage also spans international borders. In this rapidly-growing digital age, an increasing number of businesses are looking to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment.
Several household brand names have started to adopt Bitcoin payments like what places accept bitcoin such as Paypal, and Tesla. But does microsoft accept bitcoin? The answer is yes. However, the list of businesses that accept Bitcoin is ever-growing and ranges from small businesses to huge conglomerates. With over 23,000 venues worldwide where you can spend BTC, it is easy to see why the cryptocurrency has become so popular. You may already be using this currency in your daily life by purchasing products from websites that accept them as payment methods or even through e-pay services like PayPal.
In terms of brick and mortar stores, there are now a growing number of physical stores that allow you to spend your Bitcoin holdings directly. While these stores are not as prevalent as websites that accept cryptocurrency, they nevertheless provide an important physical presence for Bitcoin users.
Here is a list of well-known providers and vendors that will gladly accept your bitcoin. Remember, this isn’t every company in the industry but it should give you an idea of how far cryptocurrencies have come!
Tech Companies Embracing BTC
As Bitcoin grows in popularity, an increasing number of tech companies have started to accept cryptocurrency as payment. Here are a list of companies accepting bitcoin, most of them are online stores that accept bitcoin aswell.
- One of the most well-known names in the industry, Microsoft, has been allowing customers to use Bitcoin to add money to their Microsoft accounts since 2014. You can use Bitcoin to purchase apps, games, and other digital content
- Microsoft has announced that they will be accepting bitcoin as payment for purchases made on their Windows or Xbox stores, without support from the company’s online store. You can use Bitcoin to purchase apps, games, and other digital content. This is an exciting development considering how poorly Microsoft supported cryptocurrency in past years but it also means there are some restrictions in place which prevent customers from buying apps with cryptocurrencies directly.
- AT&T, the first mobile carrier to accept crypto payments through BitPay and one of America’s largest wireless providers with more than 30 million customers across its network, has recently announced that it will be allowing its users access to virtual currencies. This means any person or business who uses AT&T can purchase items from GooglePlay Services using Bitcoin (BTC) by simply connecting their bank account.
- Substack, a platform that allows writers to create and send newsletters to their subscribers, has announced that it will start accepting Bitcoin (BTC) as payment for its services. This move comes after the company raised $15 million in a Series B funding round led by Andreessen Horowitz.
- WordPress.com, a company that provides website building and hosting services, announced in January of 2019 that it will start accepting BTC as payment for its products. This move makes WordPress among the latest in a growing number of online companies to accept cryptocurrency payments.
- Dish Network, a leading satellite TV provider, started accepting Bitcoin in August of 2014. The company allows customers to use Bitcoin to pay for their monthly TV service. Dish Network has also partnered with Coinbase to offer customers the option to pay with Bitcoin through the Coinbase wallet.
- ExpressVPN, a leading VPN service provider, accepts bitcoin, Ethereum, Binance‘s token PAX, and XRP as well USD Coin (a stablecoin backed by the U.S dollar) for its annual and monthly plans.
- Namecheap, an internet domain registrar and web hosting company started accepting Bitcoin in March of 2013. The company allows customers to use Bitcoin to pay for domain names and web hosting services. Namecheap has also partnered with BitPay to offer customers the option to pay with Bitcoin through the BitPay wallet.
An increasing number of online e-commerce platforms are starting to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment.
- One of the earliest adopters of Bitcoin, Overstock.com started to accept the cryptocurrency in January 2014. Since then, the company has seen a steady increase in sales and has been very vocal about its support for cryptocurrencies.
- Newegg, an online electronics retailer, started to accept Bitcoin in August 2014. The company offers a wide range of products from computer hardware and software to home appliances and jewelry. The company allows customers to use Bitcoin to purchase items from its website. Newegg has also partnered with BitPay to offer customers the option to pay with Bitcoin through the BitPay wallet.
- Shopify, an e-commerce platform that enables businesses to create online stores, announced in November of 2017 that it would start accepting Bitcoin as payment. This move makes Shopify one of the largest companies to start accepting cryptocurrency.
- One of the first well-known companies to accept Bitcoin, Overstock.com began accepting the cryptocurrency as payment in January of 2014. The company is a major online retailer that sells a wide variety of items including furniture, home decor, and clothing.
- Square, a mobile payments company, started accepting Bitcoin in November of 2017. The company allows customers to use Bitcoin to pay for items from its Square Cash app. Square has also partnered with BitPay to offer customers the option to pay with Bitcoin through the BitPay wallet.
- Robinhood, a commission-free stock trading platform, announced in January of 2018 that it would start allowing customers to trade cryptocurrencies on its platform. The company allows customers to trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Dogecoin. Robinhood has also partnered with Coinbase to allow customers to buy and sell cryptocurrencies through the Coinbase wallet.
- Intuit, a company that provides financial and tax preparation software, has announced that it will start accepting Bitcoin (BTC) as payment for its products. This move comes after the company invested in a crypto exchange and wallet provider called Coinbase in a Series C funding round.
- Gyft, a company that allows users to buy, send, and redeem gift cards for various stores using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, began accepting Bitcoin in 2013. The company has since expanded its services to include Ethereum and Litecoin.
Gaming & Entertainment
- Twitch is a live streaming platform that has grown to become one of the largest in gaming. It features gamers from around the world who use NOW payments and cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin or litecoin for their fans’ convenience because it enables quicker transactions with lower fees than traditional methods like credit cards.
- Steam is a digital distribution platform for video games. In December of 2017, the company announced that it would start accepting Bitcoin as payment. Steam allows customers to use Bitcoin to purchase games, software, and other items from its website.
- HumbleBundle is the perfect site for gamers and digital connoisseurs alike. The Humbler bundles are a collection of premium games, ebooks, or software that you can purchase with bitcoin.
- Zynga, the company behind popular mobile games such as Words With Friends and Farmville, started accepting Bitcoin in 2014. The company allows customers to use Bitcoin to purchase in-game items. Zynga has also partnered with BitPay to offer customers the option to pay with Bitcoin through the BitPay wallet.
- Subway, the popular sandwich chain, started accepting Bitcoin in 2013. The company allows customers to use Bitcoin to purchase items from its website.
The Pink Cow
- The Pink Cow is a Japanese restaurant in Tokyo that became the first in the city to start accepting Bitcoin in February of 2014. The restaurant allows customers to use Bitcoin to pay for their meals and drinks.
- Bitcoin Coffee is a cafe in Prague that started accepting Bitcoin in November of 2014. The cafe only accepts payment in BTC.
- Old Joe’s is an American diner in Aspen, Colorado that started accepting Bitcoin in November of 2014. The diner allows customers to use Bitcoin to pay for their meals.
- The integration with the Speedn app means you can use bitcoin at your local Whole Food Location and get discounts on certain items in return.
Pizza for Coins
- Pizza for Coins is a website that allows customers to order pizza from various pizza restaurants using Bitcoin. The service allows customers to pay for their pizzas with Bitcoin.
- The Travala team is on a mission to make travel more accessible for everyone. They have partnered with 600+ airlines and 2 million hotels around the world, making it easier than ever before so you can book your next adventure without any hassle or confusion.. Travala.com is one of the fastest-growing travel companies in the world and they are accepting AVA, their native token as payment for bookings.
- CheapAir is leading the charge when it comes to bitcoin adoption in air travel. The company has made sure that if you pay for your flights with this cryptocurrency, they will cover up to 100 USD of what’s left after payment- which means there won’t be any surprises once we get onto our flight! In other words, if those fares take a dip after being purchased from Coinbase wallets 100 USD worth will still be covered by the company’s protection plan so there are no worries about losing money on unscheduled delays or cancellations.
More Stamps Global
- With More Stamps Global you can now book flights and hotels with bitcoin alongside other crypto-based payment options. This is an increasingly popular platform that also supports travel transfers, car rental services among other activities associated with travel.
- BTC Trip is a travel agency that allows customers to use Bitcoin to book flights and hotels. The company has been accepting Bitcoin since 2014.
- Expedia is an online travel booking website that allows customers to use Bitcoin to book flights, hotels, and rental cars. The company has been accepting Bitcoin since 2014
- AirBaltic is a Latvian airline that began accepting Bitcoin for flight tickets in December of 2014. The airline allows customers to use Bitcoin to pay for their flights.
- TravelbyBit is a company that specializes in travel using cryptocurrencies. The company allows customers to use Bitcoin to pay for their flights, hotels, and rental cars. TravelbyBit is partnered with Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange.
Jewelers & Precious Metal Companies
- The jeweler REEDS Jewelers is one of the first to accept bitcoin, allowing customers to spend their cryptocurrency at both physical stores and online outlets. They offer a full range of luxury watches and jewelry in addition to supporting refunds for purchases made with bitcoins as well! Yet be aware that combined payments via BTC or other accepted methods aren’t currently supported.
- One of the world’s leading precious metal companies now accepts bitcoin as a form of payment for their products! This means that whether you’re looking to invest in gold, silver, or platinum – APMEX has got you covered. Plus, since they’ve been around for over 20 years you can be sure that you’re in good hands.
- JM Bullion is a precious metals retailer that now allows customers to use bitcoin to purchase gold and silver products. The company offers free shipping on orders over $99 and provides a secure way to buy precious metals with bitcoins.
- Peter Schiff, who has been one of the most vocal Bitcoin critics online and promotes himself as an expert on finance, still accepts bitcoin payments from customers using BitPay to convert their bitcoins instantly into US dollars.
Other Services That Accept Bitcoin
- Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia accepts donations of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies using BitPay.
- SaveTheChildernetwork is one global nonprofit which was among those who first accepted cryptocurrency in 2013; they still do so today!
European School Of Management And Technology Berlin (ESMTB)
- ESMTB became Germany’s first higher education institution to accept BTC.
The bottom line is that more and more businesses are starting to see the benefits of accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment. Whether it’s for convenience, security, or publicity, it’s become clear that Bitcoin is here to stay and that it’s only going to become more popular in the years to come. By accepting Bitcoin transactions, your business can stay ahead of the curve and tap into a growing market of potential customers.
Whether you’re a jeweler, precious metal dealer, or just looking to invest in bitcoin, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest news and changes in the world of cryptocurrency. The changing tides of technology can be difficult to keep up with, but by understanding the basics of how Bitcoin works and keeping an eye on the latest news and developments, you’ll be better prepared to make informed decisions about your business.
The Future of Bitcoin
The future of Bitcoin is looking bright. More and more businesses are starting to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment. And as Bitcoin becomes more popular, its value is likely to continue to increase. By accepting BTC, you’ll be tapping into a growing market of potential customers.
Thank you for reading! We hope this article has been helpful. For more information on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, be sure to check out our website.